- Core: 6 - 7 PCF fiberglass Thickness: 1" to 2"
- Sizes: Custom sizes and shapes from 2'x4' to 4'x8'
- Mounting: Baffles are supplied with multiple mounting points. Hanging devices such as wire or chain are supplied by the contractor.
- Finishes: Fabric, vinyl
- Edges: Square, beveled or radius and chemically hardened
- Corners: Square, radius
- Flammability: All components have a Class "A" rating
PART 1 GENERAL:
1.1 Description of Work
- Acoustical Baffle System as shown on the drawings.
1.2 Related Work
- Metal Decking: Section 05300
- Ceiling Suspension: Section 09120
1.3 Quality Assurance
- Supplier of the acoustical baffles shall be FabriFinish Acoustical Ltd.
- Acoustical baffles to meet sound absorption requirement (N.R.C.) as specified.
- All panel components shall have a Class "A" flame spread rating.
- Submit ____________ (Quantity) sample(s) each ____________ (Select size) of every type of acoustical wall panel as per the drawings and specifications. Samples shall be submitted with specified finish applied.
- FabriFinish Acoustical Ltd. warrants for a period of one year from the date of installation that acoustical baffles will be free from defects in material and workmanship.
PART 2 PRODUCTS:
2.1 Acoustical Baffles
- Acoustical Baffles shall be: Baffles.
Manufactured by FabriFinish Acoustical Ltd.
Toll Free: 1-877-243-3887
- Core shall be: ____________ (Select).
- Finish material shall be: ____________ (Select).
- Edges shall be: ____________ (Select).
Corners shall be: ____________ (Select).
- Mounting shall be: ____________ (Select).
- Acoustical baffles will have a Noise Reduction Coefficient (N.R.C.) of ____________ (Specify).
PART 3 EXECUTION:
Installation of acoustical baffles will not occur until:
- Suitable support structure is installed.
- All wet work is complete.
- Building is closed to the weather and a temperature range of 60° - 85° F., at not more than 50% humidity is achieved.
- All materials shall be delivered in their original, unopened packages and stored in an enclosed climate-controlled shelter providing protection from damage and exposure to the elements.